Sydney Dragway – Eastern Creek / Blacktown
Sydney Dragway, formerly known as Western Sydney International Dragway, is located in Eastern Creek. It is adjacent to Sydney Motorsport Park, (which was known as Eastern Creek Raceway) and is the home of quarter mile drag racing.
How to get there:
Sydney Dragway is located on Ferres Road and shares a gate entrance with Sydney Motorsport Park. To enter the venue for our courses, ensure you use the competitor’s entrance.
- Once you have entered the first gate, follow the road to Sydney Dragway – Sydney Motorposrt has their entrance to the left.
- Drive through the gate and follow the road to the left
- You will drive through the car park and all the way down to the large cream building pictured below
- Park in the marked competitors lanes
- Your course will start in this room for a safety briefing
COMING FROM THE NORTH, EAST & WEST
- Turn off the Great Western Highway onto Brabham Drive,
- Follow this onto Ferrers Road around the northern and western boundaries of Sydney Motorsport Park (what was known as Eastern Creek raceway)
- Immediately after passing the south western corner of Sydney Motorsport Park. Turn left into the competitor’s entrance. Sydney Dragway shares a gate entrance with Sydney Motorsport Park
COMING FROM THE SOUTH
- Turn off The Horsley Drive onto Ferrers Road and follow the road north through a roundabout, and past the brickworks on the left
- As the road crosses the water pipeline the drag strip will be visible in front of you. The Spectator entrance is on your right hand side. Do not use this entrance
- Continue along Ferres Road to the next entrance on your right (competitors entrance). Sydney Dragway shares a gate entrance with Sydney Motorsport Park
What to bring / wear / know
- Bring your car – make sure you check tyre pressures (34PSi Small/Medium Cars – 36PSi Large cars – 40PSi 4WD Vehicles). Remove all loose items and make sure you have enough fuel. 2 drivers can share one car on the day if required
- Bring some lunch – we have a fridge at the venue, but no microwave. We provide tea and coffee
- Bring some water – it gets hot outside! So bring some water and stay hydrated.
- Please bring a hat and sunscreen. If it’s raining an umbrella please.
- Wear suitable clothing – activities are done outside and there is little/no shelter. So dress accordingly for the weather and be prepared for good/bad weather changes.
- Bring your drivers licence – Make sure you bring this with you!
- You will be requiured to complete some paperwork during the day – so bring a pen, notepad and or anything else that might make your day a bit easier.
- Don’t forget to have fun!