Sutton Road Driver Training Complex – ACT
The Sutton Road Driver Training Complex is a purpose built driver training and assessment facility situated on 63 hectares of land on Sutton Road, near Queanbeyan NSW.
It is managed by Transport Training ACT who are the Industry Training Advisory Board (ITAB) for the transport industry.
With air conditioned training rooms and facilities, and practical exercise areas including:
- 2.5km bitumen circuit with varying surfaces
- Manoeuvring areas – bitumen and gravel
- Self-watering skid pan
It is the ideal venue for drivers at all levels of competency and driving experience.
How to get there:
Sutton Road Driver Training Complex is located on Sutton Road via Queanbeyan. The Complex is also known as the Transport Industries Skills Centre.
- Once you have entered the gate, you will see the skid pan on the left and motorcycle training area on the right
- At the end of the road you will see a building and car park – please park in this car park
- Your trainer will meet you in this car park area
- Your course will start in one of the training rooms for a safety briefing
What to bring / wear / know
- Bring your car – make sure you check tyre pressures (34PSi Small/Medium Cars – 36PSi Large cars – 40PSi 4WD Vehicles). Remove all loose items and make sure you have enough fuel. 2 drivers can share one car on the day if required
- Bring some lunch – we have a fridge at the venue, but no microwave. We provide tea and coffee
- Bring some water – it gets hot outside! So bring some water and stay hydrated.
- Please bring a hat and sunscreen. If it’s raining an umbrella please.
- Wear suitable clothing – activities are done outside and there is little/no shelter. So dress accordingly for the weather and be prepared for good/bad weather changes.
- Bring your drivers licence – Make sure you bring this with you!
- You will be requiured to complete some paperwork during the day – so bring a pen, notepad and or anything else that might make your day a bit easier.
- Don’t forget to have fun!