Do you drive a company car?
Important Information about Workplace Road Safety: if you are an employer, no matter how large or small your business, you have a responsibility and a duty of care for the safety and health of your employees.
The Occupational Safety and Health Act (1984) requires you to insure that your employees are not exposed to hazards in the workplace.
The act requires you to provide:
- Safe workplaces, safe plant and safe systems of work; and
- Safety information, instruction, training and supervision
Corporate Fleet Training: Making a Difference
Until recently, the implications of vehicles and safe driving as safety and health matters have been underestimated both by businesses employing corporate fleet vehicles and drivers; and those for whom driving is not a core business, but whose employees are required to drive as part of their duties.
A well designed workplace road safety strategy along with appropriate corporate fleet training and education will provide companies with many short and long term benefits.
- Reduced exposure to workers compensation claims
- Increased awareness of road safety issues reducing risk taking behaviour
- Reduction in accident and incident rates
- Reduction in lost time injuries
- Reduced insurance claims and premiums
- Reduction in vehicle expenses (fuel/tyres)
- Improved staff morale
DSI will assist you in achieving a best practice driver and vehicle safety system.
DSI would be pleased to meet with you to discuss a complete Workplace Road Safety package to suit your working and driving environment.Enquire