Calder Park Raceway – Melbourne, Victoria
Calder Park Raceway is a motor racing circuit in Melbourne, Victoria. The complex includes a dragstrip, a road circuit with several possible configurations, and the “Thunderdome”, a high-speed banked oval equipped to race either clockwise (for right-hand-drive cars) or counter-clockwise (for left-hand-drive cars such as NASCAR).
In the early 70s Bob Jane purchased Calder Park and from there it became a Victorian motorsport icon with international events.
The Thunder dome at Calder Park Raceway was built at the cost of $54 million, and as Australia’s only 24 degree banked superspeedway was opened on August 3, 1987. This is where we run our workshops!
This motorsport facility allows us to provide the optimum driver training experience. It is the ideal venue for drivers at all levels of competency and driving experience.
How to get there:
Calder Park Raceway is located at 377 Calder Fwy, Calder Park (Keilor) VIC 3037
- Once you have entered the gate, you will need to curve around to the left and go under the bridge – you will be heading towards the Thunder dome
- Drive along the straight road until you get to the building in the middle of the Thunder dome – park here
- Your trainer will meet you in this car park area
- Your course will start in the training room for a safety briefing
What to bring / wear / know
- Bring your car – make sure you check tyre pressures (34PSi Small/Medium Cars – 36PSi Large cars – 40PSi 4WD Vehicles). Remove all loose items and make sure you have enough fuel. 2 drivers can share one car on the day if required
- Bring some lunch – we have a fridge at the venue, but no microwave. We provide tea and coffee
- Bring some water – it gets hot outside! So bring some water and stay hydrated.
- Please bring a hat and sunscreen. If it’s raining an umbrella please.
- Wear suitable clothing – activities are done outside and there is little/no shelter. So dress accordingly for the weather and be prepared for good/bad weather changes.
- Bring your drivers licence – Make sure you bring this with you!
- You will be requiured to complete some paperwork during the day – so bring a pen, notepad and or anything else that might make your day a bit easier.
- Don’t forget to have fun!